After the Surgery

When I finally woke up from the “laughing gas” I was very dizzy and everything was blurry. I lifted my head off the headrest for the first time in hours right after waking up. At least it felt like hours. I’m not sure about the time. The first thing I remember hearing was,

“Marty, Marty, Marty, you made it. You did great. The surgery is all done. You can go home now.” the nurse said. Then I said,

“uhhh, uhhh, ooookkkk. Ooooooooowwwww my mouth”!

“Yeah, that is going to happen for a while”.

“Oooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww! That.. really hhhurts”.

“I know sweetie, Your mouth is very bloody. It went through I a lot”.

She talked to my parents about a bunch of stuff. I don’t know what they where talking about. I was still really tired from the “laughing gas”. I think that I started dozing off a little bit after this. I’m not exactly sure what happened at this point.

Next thing I know, I am being helped out of the chair. Very, very slowly. Somebody put their hand on my back and helped me up. It probably took 5 minutes. Once I finally got up from the chair and on my feet, my family and I headed out the door.

Once we got home, my dad helped me get over to the couch and lie down on it. He stayed with me the whole rest of the day. He sat in his big oak chair that was hand-craved and hand-crafted. The chair was so sturdy in its design.

I slept the rest of the day, right where I was. All through the day my dad stayed right there next to me, in his big oak chair. Watching over me. Making sure that everything was okay. Making sure that I was alright.


Posted on February 1, 2016



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s